By Paul Kostandin
photo credits : Olive Oil Times
Shrimp with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Garlic, Olive Oil
12 oz shrimp, peeled, deveined and defrosted
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
4 tbsp garlic, chopped
1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 cup chick peas, cooked or canned
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a saute pan, begin to heat the olive oil over medium/high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the pan.
- Begin to caramelize the vegetables, continue cooking them until they are fragrant and golden brown.
- Add the shrimp and allow them to sear lightly in the oil, season the ingredients with the salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and continue cooking until the shrimp are pink and fully cooked.
- Add the chickpeas and chopped parsley. Continue to cook the dish over medium heat for another minute or two.
- Serve this dish with grilled bread, or over rice or pasta.