BY: PATTERSON WATKINS
photo credits : Olive Oil Times
Olive Oil Wet Rubbed Ribs
- 1/2cupdark brown sugar/li>
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablepsoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 lb slab of baby back ribs
- 1/2 cup mild to medium intensity extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 250°F and line a large baking sheet with 2 layers of aluminum foil.
2. Place brown sugar, paprika, smoked paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil in a medium bowl, whisk until combined into a thick paste.
3. Remove any connective tissue or membrane covering the back of the ribs and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Coat the ribs with the wet rub, on both sides, and loosely cover and wrap in one layer of the aluminum foil.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 hours or until fork-tender (check the ribs at around the 2‑hour mark for doneness).
5. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F, remove the foil covering, and return the ribs to the oven. Continue to bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until the ribs have browned and caramelized slightly.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Pour the pan drippings into a bowl and serve alongside the ribs for dipping.